Saturday, January 21, 2017

#inauguration

Friday was definitely a day to put down in the history books. Donald Trump was sworn in as President of the United States of America. I didn't have the chance to sit down and watch the entire inauguration, but I did follow the main events through my twitter feed. Periodically I would look up the #inauguration and look at all of the different tweets that were being posted. I saw many different types of posts. Some tweets were based on actual information that was given during the inauguration, like quotes from Trump's speech. Most tweets, however, were people just giving their opinions over social media. Some people posted praise and gratitude that Trump is now President and not Obama while other people wrote how the rainy weather was God crying that Obama has left. I wasn't really impressed with the tweets that were kind of depressing and/or complaining how Trump is the new President. I was impressed though with the amount of tweets that I saw hoping that Trump will be a good President for this country, regardless of whether that individual voted for him or not. Inspired by these tweets, I decided to tweet something on my own twitter feed.


I wanted to make it a little humorous, but at the same time expressing my desire for Trump to be a good President. To be honest, I didn't vote for him; however, I really do hope that he can be a good President and "make America great again" like millions of people want him to. After looking over the many tweets that I saw, I was reaffirmed on how amazing social media can be. Just through searching the hashtag inauguration, I got to read people's opinions about the inauguration from all over the world. Social media is amazing in the fact that it is able to unite people in ways that haven't been possible in years past. I'm hopeful for great things dealing with the United States of America as well as social media in the years to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment